The Office of Sustainability seeks eco-reps to help engage Towson students in environmental actions and activities. Eco-reps serve as liaisons between the student body and the Office of Sustainability at Towson and help our campus in the transformation towards an eco-conscious community. The commitment is about 1 hour per week and the positions are unpaid. Eco-reps will participate in the following activities:
- Be team leaders for Towson’s Recyclemania and Energy Conservation Contests
- Promote environmental initiatives on campus by posting flyers, sending email reminders and making announcements at hall meetings.
- Give recycling bins and CFL light bulbs to students; make sure that recycling bins are available and properly maintained.
- Plan a study break or other event in their residential community focused on green living.
- Get new students involved in sustainability during new student orientation.
- Help with our annual Trash-to-Treasure sale.
- Serve as the point person in their residence halls regarding sustainability issues.
- Advise students on how to get involved in sustainability on campus, including connecting students with environmental student groups, staff and faculty.
- Receive training on leadership, participate in educational and team-building activities such as hikes, field trips, film showings and more!
Applicants should send their name, email, class year, (intended) major, and address for next academic year, along with a one paragraph statement explaining their interest to Clara Fang (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 21.
Towson Unveils 18 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Parking & Transportation Services is pleased to announce that the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations will be active and available for use effective Friday, May 10, 2013. The addition of the EV stations is in support of Towson University’s Green Initiatives. There is no fee to use the charging stations, however a valid parking permit is required while parked on campus. 18 Stations have been conveniently located throughout the campus. Each station can accommodate 2 vehicles and has 2 charging ports, one with 2KW output (users must provide their own power cord) and one port with 7.2 kW output (power cord is provided at the station). Below are the locations of EV stations.
- 4 in the Union garage on the 2nd level
- 4 in the Towsontown garage on the 3rd level closest to the Residence Tower entrance
- 4 in the West Village garage on the ground level
- 2 in the front Administration Building lot (Note: These units will not be available until early summer due to construction work in the area)
Baltimore Colleges and Universities for a Sustainable Environment Report
This joint report highlights sustainability initiatives at 13 colleges and universities in the Baltimore region. Towson University’s ESCO lighting retrofit is featured in this report. Click here to download the PDF.